Alchemy & Ashes anniversary
Alchemy & Ashes, which has been in business seven years, is celebrating its one-year anniversary at its current location, 24836 State Road 54 in Lutz. The celebration, which will include gifts for the first 50 guests, raffle prizes and a local trunk show, is set for Aug. 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
New clerk will speak
Pasco County Clerk & Comptroller Nikki-Alvarez-Sowles will be the featured speaker at the East Pasco Networking Group breakfast on Aug. 27. The group meets from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301 in Dade City. Alvarez-Sowles was selected to replace Paula S. O’Neil, who retired in July. For more information, call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491 or Vicky Jones at (813) 431-1149.
This session, presented by SMARTstart, a program of the Pasco Economic Development Council Inc., is called “Personal budgeting and Credit for Entrepreneurs.” It is being offered on Aug. 28 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., in Dade City. Go to PascoEDC.com and click on the events tab, to register.
Free course for insurance agents
A five-hour law and ethics continuing education class is being offered free for insurance agents on Aug. 30 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at SpringHill Suites Marriott, 1615 Crosspointe Run in Land O’ Lakes. A free lunch will be provided. RSVP to .
Tampa house flippers do well
WalletHub, a personal finance website, has released findings of its 2019 Best Places to Flip Houses report, which compared more than 170 cities across the country. Tampa came in No. 6 on the list — and was the only Florida city to hit the top 10. To view the full report, go to tinyurl.com/y5aaxbyk.
Free business seminars
- How to really start your business, Sept. 9 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., in Dade City.
- Creating a successful business plan, Sept. 10 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway in Land O’ Lakes.
- How to use the Internet in your business, Sept. 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54 in Wesley Chapel.
These sessions are free, but space is limited. Register at PascoHernando.score.org.
Women of Wesley Chapel
Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW) meets from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., on the first Friday of each month, at Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. The group is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women-only networking group. The cost is $5, which includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534, or email . Prepayment and registration is strongly encouraged.
New manufacturing website
If you’re trying to find out more about manufacturing in Hillsborough County, there’s a new website that may be helpful to you. Visit MadeInHillsborough.org to find out more.
Women-n-Charge, a networking group for women, will hear a presentation from Jim Howard, of Trinity Security Allies, on “Situational Awareness.” The meeting will be on Sept. 6 from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at Plantation Palms Golf Club, at 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., in Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests by Monday prior to the meeting, Tuesday and after the cost is $20 for members and $23 guests. Register at Women-n-Charge.com/meetings. For information or to RSVP, call (813) 600-9848, or email .
Zephyrhills Chamber breakfast
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce has its monthly breakfast meeting on the first Thursday of the month, at 7 a.m., at the Golden Corral, 6877 Gall Blvd., in Zephyrhills. Admission is $8 for members and $10 for visitors.
Pasco County Commission approvals:
- An application by ANT of Florida, LLC/Bubba’s 33 for the sale of beer, wine and liquor for on-premises consumption in conjunction with the operation of a restaurant on the south side of Silver Maple Parkway, about one-fourth mile east of Interstate 75.
- An application by Carmel Friendship Baptist Church Inc., for a change in zoning from a master-planned unit development to a neighborhood commercial district on the 11.17-acres on the northeast corner of Boyette and Wells roads.
- An application by Dwight and Joyce Hopkins Revocable Trust to change the zoning of agricultural and general commercial district to a general commercial district on 7,41 acres at the northwest corner of Old State Road 54 and Old Cypress Creek.
- An application by KW Realty Fund III, LLC et al./Starkey Ranch Heart Pine Business Park for a conditional use for the sale of beer and wine only for on-premises consumption in conjunction with the operation of a retail center in a master-planned unit development district at the northeast intersection of State Road 54 and Heart Pine Avenue in Odessa.
- An application by Berge O. Khandjian and Paul O’Grady to change zoning from low density residential to multifamily high density, on 48.8 acres on the east side of Old Pasco Road, about 600 feet north of Oakley Boulevard.