It’s not 2020 yet, but the political season is underway, and candidates are beginning to make their intentions known.
This Political Agenda column is The Laker/Lutz News’ way to keep our readers informed of candidates who have filed, political party meetings, political forums and endorsements.
This column also includes information that’s pertinent for upcoming elections, such as deadlines for registering, new polling places, meet the candidate nights, political town halls and other relevant news.
It does not promote political fundraisers.
The column runs periodically, based on the volume of submissions, but it generally runs about twice a month.
Those wishing to submit items for possible publication should send the information at least two weeks prior to the desired publication date. The Laker/Lutz News publishes on Wednesdays.
Here is your first helping of Political Agenda
- The Democratic Environmental Caucus of Florida-Pasco Chapter will meet Nov. 13, at the Land O’ Lakes Heritage Park Community Center, 5401 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. Doors open at 6 p.m., for networking. The guest speaker is Brandi Geoit, candidate for Pasco County Commission, District 5. She will talk about her environmental issues vision relating to Pasco County. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call Lee Ogden at (813) 778-3097.
- The Wesley Chapel Republican Club will meet Nov. 14 at 6:30 p.m., at Toyota of Wesley Chapel, 5300 Eagleston Blvd. The guest speaker will be Pasco Commissioner Mike Moore. Admission free; all are welcome. Coffee and homemade desserts will be served. For information, call Peter Cracchiolo at (813) 360-9813.
- The East Pasco Democratic Club will meet Nov. 18, at The Tavern at the Southport Springs Country Club, 3509 Southport Springs Parkway in Zephyrhills. The guest speaker will be Christine Bright on the topic of the National Popular Vote. Dining service begins at 5 p.m. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call (813) 383-8315.
- The Central Pasco Democratic Club will meet on Nov. 20, at Meadow Pointe 1 CDD, Building A, at 28245 County Line Road in Wesley Chapel. The doors open at 6:15 p.m. The presentation will be given by Marilyn Holleran, who will discuss what the climate crisis means and how it can be solved. For more information, email .
- Libertad-Club Republicano de Pasco County meets on the third Monday of the month, beginning with a 6:30 p.m. social hour, with complimentary coffee and pastries. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The group meets at Havana Dreamers Café, 3104 Town Ave., Suite 107, in Trinity. For more information, call (727) 807-7990.
Published November 06, 2019