Zephyrhills High sophomore Hannah Ungerer recently won the Tuesday night ladies tennis session at Zephyr Park in Zephyrhills.
Ungerer finished with 2,260 points, while Cece Addision came in second with 1,874 points. Points are earned by competing in various matches and drills at the weekly session, which is each Tuesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for eight weeks.
The competitors in the most recent session included:
- Hannah Ungerer 2,260 points
- Cece Addison 1,874 points
- Bernice Uterhardt 1,674 points
- Danielle Barnett 1,599 points
- Debbie Herlan 1,415 points
- Sydney Owens 1,216 points
- JoAnne Combs 1,108 points
- Elizabeth Porter 955 points
- Kristina Porter 890 points
- Rachel Wise 755 points
- Jaclyn Uterhardt 754 points
- Cindy Fettig 364 points
- Nina Garcia 134 points
The sessions are designed to help people improve their tennis game and are led by Karl Hinkle, director of tennis for the city of Zephyrhills since 2007. The sessions run throughout the year and cost $10 a night or $50 in advance for all the evenings.
Hinkle also runs a similar session for men each Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information on the sessions, call Hinkle at (813) 679-9728 or e-mail him at .