There were smiles and tears as the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce honored businesses and volunteers at its annual banquet Sept. 14.
The awards acknowledge the accomplishments of small businesses, larger businesses, volunteers, civic organizations and business leaders for the contributions they make to the regional economy. They are nominated and voted on by their peers.
This year’s winners were:
• Small Business of the Year: A Focus on Fitness
• Large Business of the Year: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
• Business Leader of the Year: Greg Lenners, The Shops at Wiregrass
• Volunteer of the Year: Cathy Bickham, Chapel Home Health
• Civic or Non-Profit of the Year: Oasis Pregnancy Care Centers
• President’s Award: Dean Smith, Quest National Services
• Board Member of the Year: Maureen Moore, Saint Leo University
Bickham of Chapel Home Health was elected the 2014 honorary mayor of Wesley Chapel, and won through a fundraising competition. Mary Ann Yaney will serve as the deputy honorary mayor.
The Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1998, and now has nearly 500 members.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.