Women-n-Charge awards grant
Angela Gilbert, third from left, was the winner of the Women-n-Charge career advancement grant, founder of Building a Foundation. The grant is for continuing education, and will help with her advocacy for homeless individuals and families, veterans, and women and children leaving domestic violence shelters to help them acquire safe and affordable housing. Joining Gilbert are, from left, Suzin Carr, Paula O’Neil, Pat Carroll and Elayne Bassinger.
Levy joins GulfShore Bank board
Jonathan Levy of Lutz has joined the board of directors for Tampa-based GulfShore Bank.
Levy is co-founder and managing partner of Redstone Investments, having been involved in the real estate and construction industry for more than 30 years. He started his career with Burdman Bros., a family-owned real estate construction and property management company.
Levy started Redstone in 1987 as JLB Investments with cousin Lee Burdman. Based on Youngstown, Ohio, Redstone is a development, management and acquisitions company with a focus on shopping center development.
Seed Library launching
The official launch of The Seed Library will take place April 22 beginning at 10:30 a.m., at Morning Star Fisherman, 33336 Old St. Joe Road in Dade City.
There will be an open house with free facility tours until 1:30 p.m. A ribbon-cutting ceremony is scheduled for 11:30 a.m., hosted by the Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce.
Social for Women-n-Charge
Women-n-Charge will host a social and open house April 17 beginning at 5 p.m., at City Grill, 5429 Village Market in Wesley Chapel.
No RSVP or meeting fees are required.
For information, call (813) 600-9848, or email .
Forum, mixer with Zephyrhills chamber
Upcoming events with the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce includes the East Pasco Transportation Forum it’s hosting with the Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce April 16 beginning at 4:30 p.m.
It takes place at the East Pasco Adventist Academy, 38434 Centennial Road, Dade City, and will discuss Pasco County’s Mobility 2040 plan and its impact on businesses and economic development on that side of the county.
The chamber will then host a mixer with Skydive City, 4241 Sky Dive Lane in Zephyrhills, April 17 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Manufacturing Café at SmartStart
A manufacturing café event hosted by Pasco-Hernando State College and the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board will take place April 16 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., at the SmartStart Incubator, 15000 Citrus Country Drive, Suite 103, in Dade City.
To reserve a spot, call (727) 816-3227, or email Margie Burnham at .
Upcoming SCORE seminars
The Pasco-Hernando Chapter of SCORE, which historically stands for Service Corps of Retired Executives, will host the following upcoming free seminars. For information, visit Score439.org.
• E-Marketing Concepts May 6 at 5:30 p.m., at New Port Richey Branch Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. Attendees can obtain an understanding of e-marketing technologies and how they may help to enhance the ability of a small business to reach customers and communicate their brand, products and services.
• Introduction to QuickBooks May 8 at 5 p.m., at Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill; May 29 at 5:30 p.m., at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. This two-hour seminar is designed for those planning to start a business, or who have recently started a business, but who have not yet set up an effective record-keeping system.
• Using the Internet in Your Business April 24 at 5:30 p.m., at the New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills; May 14 at 5:30 p.m., at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City; May 27 at 5:30 p.m., at Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway in Land O’ Lakes. After reviewing the various roles a website can support in enhancing a business, participants will be walked through an eight-step process of key activities needed to quickly leverage this technology in many businesses.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business May 8 at 5:30 p.m., at Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. Participants can learn how and where to find some of the answers about what works and doesn’t work, what information is required to write a sales and marketing plan, how to profile customers, determine the best type of advertising and promotions, and what can be learned from competitors.
• Banker’s Delight Business Plan May 20 at 5:30 p.m., at Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Bankers are not typically interested in the extensive business plans discussed in most books. Instead, they just want the facts. This seminar will walk participants through these dozen or so pages critical to obtaining financing.
• How to Apply for a 501(c)(3) May 20 at 5:35 p.m., at Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, and the same day at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. An interactive seminar designed to assist participants in the completion of the IRS’s nonprofit application.
New facility in Dade City
Apollo Group LLC had a ribbon-cutting and grand opening for its new facility on the corner of Pasco Avenue and Sixth Street in downtown Dade City. Hosted by the chambers of commerce in Zephyrhills and Dade City, Faith Knight (peeking over the top) and James Hubbs (at the door) offer mediation services, substance testing and legal case management for employers, families and organizations.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.