Infinity Eye Care recently opened a new office in Land O’ Lakes to provide optician services. Many area residents have already discovered — or rediscovered — Dr. Kevin Smith. Here’s what distinguishes Dr. Smith and his practice.
- New, convenient Land O’ Lakes office: Our beautiful new office, located just north of the Land O’ Lakes Post Office, is comfortable with separate offices for pre-testing, exe exams, contact lens fittings and frame selection.
- Experience: Dr. Kevin Smith began his optical career over 26 years ago when he learned the craft of manufacturing eyeglasses from his stepfather, Paul H. West. Kevin went on to graduate from USF, and received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University in 1999. Dr. Smith has practiced in many areas of optometry, including commercial eye clinics, skilled nursing facilities and private practice.
3. No sales pressure: Unlike national optical stores in the mall, our staff has no sales quotas. We help you select frames and finishes that meet your budget and look great on your face. Our focus is your health – not selling glasses!
4. Designer frames: Juicy, Nike, CK, Swarovski, Revo, Fysh, Costa del Mar and many more! We carry a full line of designer brands, as well as the latest designs in affordable eyewear.
5. N/C digital camera: Our state-of-the-art digital camera is used on every patient to get the most accurate prescription. Because digital cameras are very expensive, most optical offices charge extra to use this important diagnostic tool.
6. In-house lab work: We’re the only optical practices in Tampa with the training and equipment to finish lenses in our own lab. This gives us final control to make sure your lenses are grinded perfectly to match your prescription.
7. Bifocal contact lenses: Dr. Smith prescribes contact lenses that have the bifocal component built into the lens. So if you want to continue wearing contacts after you need reading glasses, now you can!
8. Save you vision, and even your life: Dr. Smith recently diagnosed a melanoma eye tumor in a 40-year-old man. The patient complained of blurry visions, and upon examination, Dr. Smith discovered a tumor that was destroying the eye.
It is essential that people with systemic diseases, especially high blood pressure and diabetes, see their optometrist every 12 months. Others should go every 18 months. Seeing your eye doctor can save your vision, and even your life.
9. We make house calls: Dr. Smith makes house calls in a mobile satellite office in a custom-designed van. For elderly and disabled patients who cannot get to our office, we go to them.
10. Local Roots/Local Resident: Many people know Dr. Smith from the eights years he worked with Charley Chaney at the Eyeglass Factory in Lutz. In 2008, Dr. Smith bought Infinity Eye Care in South Tampa, and is thrilled to be back in Lutz/Land O’ Lakes with a second office.
Dr. Smith lived in Lake Padgett East in Land O’ Lakes for many years, and moved to Seven Oaks in Wesley Chapel in 2007 when he married Sharon. The couple’s daughter, Kayla, is a graduate of Wiregrass High School and attends Pasco Hernando State College.
Infinity Eye Care • 813.803.4515
5420 LAND O LAKES BLVD, SUITE 101