Bravado Pharmaceuticals LLC hosted its official grand opening and ribbon cutting on March 2 at its new facility, at 4212 Cypress Gulch Drive in Lutz. Bravado has invested $3 million in the purchase and buildout of the 7,500-square-foot facility and plans to add 20 new jobs over the next few years. The facility will be used for research and for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
O’Reilly Auto Parts grand opening
O’Reilly Auto Parts, at 3600 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., in Land O’ Lakes, has set its grand opening for March 11 through March 24, with a customer appreciation day set for March 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. During that celebration, Ashley Atkins, the store manager, is scheduled to present a donation check for $200 to South Pasco Predators Little Scholars, according to a news release.
Wesley Chapel Smiles grand opening
Wesley Chapel Smiles Dentistry has set its grand opening for March 11 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Food and refreshments will be provided and there will be a chance to win a Sonicare toothbrush, according to a release. Those attending will have a chance to meet Archana Shankaraligappa, DDS, and her team.
Dade City chamber breakfast
The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce is set to have its monthly breakfast meeting on March 17, beginning with networking at 7 a.m., followed by breakfast and a program at 7:30 a.m. Daniel Mitchell, the SMARTstart Incubator program manager, will be the featured speaker. The breakfast will be at the Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club, at 12900 Lake Jovita Blvd., in Dade City. All tickets must be prepaid. For more information, visit DadeCityChamber.org, or call (352) 567-3769.
CANCELLED: East Pasco Networking Group
The East Pasco Networking Group is set to meet on March 24 at 7:30 a.m., at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301 in Dade City. Nikki Alvarez-Sowles is the scheduled speaker. For more information, contact Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491 or ; or, Vicky Jones at (813) 431-1149 or .
Women Making Strides breakfast
A breakfast is planned for March 24 to honor Alex Sink with a Distinguished Women’s Leadership Award. Sink is Florida’s former chief financial officer.
The agenda for the session includes a conversation on the status of women with Digit Murphy, a Title IX trailblazer and Hall of Fame Women’s Hockey athlete, and Dr. Davina Jones, professor of speech and communications. The event coincides with Women’s History Month.
The breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m., and is expected to wrap up at 9 a.m. It will be held at Pasco-Hernando State College Porter Campus, at 2727 Mansfield Blvd., in Wesley Chapel.
Cost is $10 for North Tampa Bay Chamber members and $20 for non-members. For more information and to register, go to NorthTampaBayChamber.com, and click on the events calendar for March.
Access East Pasco
A lunch and panel discussion is set for April 24 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at Saint Leo University. The event will give elected officials and business leaders a chance to network and learn about area developments. For tickets, call The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce at (352) 567 3769, or visit DadeCityChamber.org.
Recent actions by the Pasco County Commission:
- Approved a rezoning request by Erik David Land Corporation Primera Base Inc.; Second Base Holdings LLC; and Calvary Corporation to allow 400 multi-family apartment units, 100 single-family attached townhome units and a maximum of 150,000 square feet of commercial/retail uses on 79 acres on the east side of Old Pasco Road, about 1,111 feet north of Wesley Chapel Boulevard, near The Grove.
- Approved a rezoning request by Hayman Fuentes Farmland Trust to allow a master-planned employment center with a maximum of 1.6 million square feet of primary business uses; 30,000 square feet of primary business accessory uses; 500 hotel rooms; 140,000 square feet of support retail/commercial; and, 450 townhomes and/or multi-family on 83.5 acres, north of State Road 54 and east of Bexley Village Drive.
- Approved a request by SunTrust Bank Inc., to rezone 1.3 acres at the northeast corner of the intersection of Eiland Boulevard and State Road 54 from neighborhood commercial to general commercial. The applicant proposes to redevelop the site with a convenience store and 12-pump gas station.
- Approved a bid by S.C. Signature Construction Corp., in the amount of $109,914.00 to replace a roof and soffits at Land O’ Lakes Heritage Park.
- Approved setting a March 24 public hearing at 1:30 p.m., at the West Pasco Government Center, at 8731 Citizens Drive in New Port Richey, to consider amendments to the county’s ordinance relating to overgrown conditions and other public safety violations. The amendment is in response to complaints by citizens that the current ordinance is not working to protect residents when tracts of land, larger than 1 acre, that have been previously developed. are allowed to go fallow. The complaints came up primarily because of problems with overgrown golf courses.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.