COVID-19 testing sites
The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County is working with community partners to provide COVID-19 testing throughout Pasco County, according to a news release.
Those interested should call the facility prior to going in for testing to ensure they meet any guidelines required by the partner.
This is the current list of testing sites in Pasco County, in The Laker/Lutz News coverage area:
- CVS Pharmacy, 2322 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Lutz: (813) 949-3641
- Florida Medical Urgent Care, 2352 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Suite 101, Wesley Chapel: (813) 929-3600
- Florida Medical Urgent Care, 38021 Market Square, Zephyrhills: (813) 715-0374
- Premier, 14027 Fifth St., Dade City: (352) 518-2000
- Premier, 38724 Mudcat Grant Blvd., Dade City: (352) 518-2000
- Premier, 2114 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity: (352) 518-2000
- Med Express, 22945 State Road 54, Lutz: (813) 909-9099
- AdventHealth, 1127 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel: (813) 973-2889
- Doctor’s Urgent Care, 13256 Gunn Highway, Odessa: (813) 290-0023
Assisted Living agreement
Hillsborough County has entered into an agreement with an assisted living facility to serve as a transition unit, which sets aside 60 transitional beds for senior care facility residents who were hospitalized with COVID-19, but who now do not require hospitalization.
The facility, The Inn at University Village, will serve as a transitional unit between the hospital and its senior care community for those patients while they await final clearance to return to their previous residence.
Patients are expected to be moved from hospitals to the facility, where they will temporarily reside in a separate wing specifically designed for COVID-19 patient.
The initiative is one of several being undertaken by a senior care facility rapid response task force formed by Hillsborough County, the City of Tampa, the Florida Department of Health-Hillsborough County, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, and four hospital systems: Tampa General Hospital, BayCare, AdventHealth, and HCA Healthcare-West Florida Division.
Hand-washing, the correct way
The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County urges members of the public to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and practice proper hand hygiene, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC recommends practicing everyday preventive actions like social distancing (at least 6 feet), wearing a cloth face covering when you are out in public, and washing your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
An alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol also can be used, but not as a substitute for cleaning hands with soap and water.
Five steps to wash hands the right way:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap and apply soap.
- Lather hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of hands, between fingers and under nails.
- Scrub hands for last least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end, twice.
- Rinse hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry our hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.