Hip hip, hooray!
Primrose Schools at Collier Parkway hosted a drive-by graduation for its 57 VPK graduates and their families on May 29. From left: Laura Brennen and Robin Adams, VPK teachers, and parent Jamie Hart celebrate the students with bright, painted signs along the parade route.
Fine Arts award
The Heritage Arts Center Association awarded the Nereim Fine Arts Award to Meagan Alexis Stringer, a Class of 2020 Zephyrhills High School graduate.
Heritage Arts is a local nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to promoting and supporting the performing and visual arts in the community.
The award honors the late founding board members Gordon and Jean Nereim.
Stringer was inspired to draw by her father and by her elementary school art teacher. She continued working on her artistic talent throughout her childhood, and plans to enter the field of illustration at the Academy of Art University.
Stringer will be invited to display her art at next year’s “Moonlight and Ivory” concerts and art shows at the women’s club in Dade City.
For information, visit HeritageArts.org, and click on the Visual Arts link.
Camp Wow is open
Pasco County Schools’ summer camp program is now open at 14 school sites around the county. The popular program is available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., with several health and safety modifications in place, including:
- Reduced staff-to-student ratios
- Enhanced sanitizing procedures
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up
- Daily health screenings
To register for summer camp, to see a list of sites, or to learn more about the program, visit Camp Wow! web page at MyASEP.com/campwow/.
SONIC thanks teachers
SONIC Drive-In matched all donations to DonorsChoose on Teacher Appreciation Day in May.
To recognize the entrepreneurial spirit that drives teachers to meet students’ distance learning needs, these two Lutz teachers received funding for their individual projects:
- Victoria Wilson, Learning Gate Community School (K-6 Campus): “A MacBook Pro for Educational Success”
- Ingrid Osborne, Maniscalco Elementary School: “Circle Time Fun”
Through Limeades for Learning, SONIC donated $1 million to public school teacher requests across the country on Teacher Appreciation Day, supporting their endeavors to provide students with essential education resources.
Students ready for college careers
The GFWC Lutz-Land O’ Lakes Woman’s Club awarded its annual club scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each, to these four students: Steinbrenner High School graduates Brianna Sandner (Florida Gulf Coast University), Joseph Pereira (University of South Florida), and Maggie O’Shea (Florida State University), and Sunlake High graduate Morghan Copeland (University of Florida).
Traditional graduations for Pasco County seniors have been rescheduled to August.
The listed ceremonies are contingent on developments regarding COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements.
- Aug. 5: Marchman Technical College at River Ridge High School (time to be determined)
- Aug. 6: Pasco High School at Pasco High Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 10: Pasco eSchool at River Ridge High School, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 11: Wendell Krinn Technical High School at Wendell Krinn, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 12: Cypress Creek High School at Yuengling Center, 7 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Zephyrhills High School (3 p.m.) and Wiregrass High (7 p.m.), at Yuengling Center
- Aug. 14: Land O’ Lakes High (3 p.m.) and Wesley Chapel High (7 p.m.), at Yuengling Center
- Aug. 15 Sunlake High at Yuengling Center, 1 p.m.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.