The Pasco County School Board and Pasco County have approved an agreement that allows the county to use the school district’s fueling facilities during emergency situations.
In exchange, the county will cover the cost of installing new generators or retrofitting existing ones to ensure that the fuel facilities will continue to operate even when the power is out.
The agreement covers these facilities, in priority order:
- Central Compound, 5346 Parkway Blvd., Land O’ Lakes
- Southeast Compound, 37820 13th Ave., Zephyrhills
- Maintenance Compound, 11835 Tree Breeze Drive, New Port Richey
- Northwest Compound, 14500 Cobra Way, Hudson
- East Compound, 13135 Fort King Highway, Dade City
Additional district fueling locations may be added to the program without amending the agreement, if both parties agree.
The county has allocated an initial $200,000 for the work, but if the cost exceeds that amount, the parties shall negotiate any needed changes.
Published July 29, 2020
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.