Saint Leo Wellness Center
Saint Leo University marked a construction milestone with a topping-off ceremony for its new Wellness Center, according to a school news release.
The facility, on the west end of the campus by Lake Jovita, will create an environment for holistic health and well-being that integrates student recreation, fitness, health services, counseling services and campus ministry. The center is expected to be completed in the fall.
The bond-funded Wellness Center will feature:
- Resort-style pool with two lap lanes, an area for volleyball and basketball, and a shallow area for lounging
- Patio and pool deck with a 180-degree view of Lake Jovita
- Fitness area with cardio equipment, free weights and machines, as well as a dance studio, yoga studio and cycling center, all with a variety of scheduled class programming
- Health Services, University Ministry, Counseling & Prevention Services, and Recreation services
- Multipurpose gymnasium with an indoor walking track that can be converted for a variety of events
• Café offering healthy food options, an outdoor poolside barbecue and seating area with a gas grill and fire pit
Vaccines for seniors
At this time, AdventHealth is not providing vaccines to the general public, including those age 65 and older, at any hospital, AdventHealth Centra Care or AdventHealth Medical Group practices, according to a Dec. 30 news release.
AdventHealth has vaccinated more than 4,000 West Florida team members to date. Vaccinations for frontline AdventHealth team members are underway at the hospital locations in Carrollwood, Connerton, Dade City, Lake Placid, North Pinellas, Ocala, Sebring, Tampa, Wauchula, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
All information on vaccine distribution for the public will be posted online at CoronavirusVaccineFacts.com.
Those interested can go to CoronavirusVaccineAlerts.com, to sign up for email updates on when vaccines will be available from AdventHealth.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.