New chief information officer
Darren Ghanayem has joined the team at Gulfside Healthcare Services as chief information officer.
In this new position, Ghanayem will oversee the design, development, maintenance and reliable operation of efficient and innovative technology solutions for the organization. He will be charged with continually seeking opportunities for improvement, automation and insights to enable the business success by providing provide quality patient care, according to a news release.
“I’m passionate about leveraging technology solutions to improve business results and performance. Doing this with a mission around providing a valuable service to society is icing on the cake,” Ghanayem said, in the release.
Second Tidal Wave opens in Lutz
Tidal Wave Auto Spa has opened at 2209 Sun Vista Drive, next to the Costco, in the Cypress Creek Town Center, off State Road 56.
This is Tidal Wave’s second location in Lutz. The company has been washing cars since 2004, according to a company news release. It now has 62 locations in nine states.
The company offers customers an Unlimited Wash Club Plan, allowing customers to visit as often as they like for a monthly rate.
Board appointments confirmed
The Pasco County Commission confirmed these appointments to various boards during its March 9 meeting.
- Appointed Hope Kennedy to the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board
- Appointed Turner Arbour to the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board
- Reappointed Mike Davis, Linda Mather, Ralph Acton, Kurt Conover, Jay Michlin and Les Stearns to the Jobs and Economic Opportunity Committee
- Approved the appointment of Brenton Basinger and Alex Quinn to the Jobs and Economic Opportunities Committee
Become a HART registered vendor
The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) is hosting a virtual small business forum on March 25 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., to educate businesses about potential HART opportunities. HART procurement staff will share how to become a registered vendor and offer information about free small business certifications. To register, email . For more information about HART and TECO Line Streetcar service, visit GoHART.org.
Florida leading in business creation
A TOP Data study reveals that job losses and a changing business environment have contributed to a record-breaking number of Americans setting up a business since the onset of the pandemic. TOP Data’s study analyzed new business applications across the nation and found that Floridians are at the front of the list, with 50,972 business applications made in the state during February of 2021. To see the full report, visit TopAgency.com/report/business-application-report/.
Court ruling lowers Hillsborough’s sales tax
The Florida Supreme Court has struck down a 1% discretionary sales surtax, adopted through a ballot initiative of Hillsborough County voters.
As a result, the combined sales tax in Hillsborough County is now 7.5%.
The revised combined 7.5% rate is composed of the 6% state sales tax plus the 0.5% school capital outlay surtax, the 0.5% indigent care surtax, and the 0.5% local government infrastructure surtax.
The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce circulated information about the change, to keep its members up to date.
Glamorous Kitchens & Baths
Glamorous Kitchens & Bath Inc. and Matlock Custom Homes Inc., held a ribbon-cutting and grand opening celebration on March 16, at 16921 Gunn Highway, to celebrate the full-service home remodeling company. Its staff includes architects, designers and craftsmen, supported by production, procurement and service personnel.
Virtual veterans job fair
U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis will host a virtual job fair for veterans, guard and reserve members, and military spouses from March 30 through April 1. To find out how to register and for any other information, contact Bilirakis’ office at 727-232-2921.
Free business plan webinars
Pasco-Hernando SCORE is offering these free business webinars:
- April 12, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: How to Start a Business. This will cover key issues for starting a business, including finding good people, structuring the business, understanding cash flow, finding the money and creating a business plan. Mike Lewis, a Pasco-Hernando SCORE member will present the webinar.
- April 20, from noon to 1 p.m.: Learn about the Business Model Canvas, which provides an easier way to develop a business plan. This webinar teaches participants how to visualize in a single page all the building blocks of your business plan and still follow a detailed and rigorous process. This webinar is being presented by Jose Melgar, a Pasco-Hernando SCORE member.
To register for these webinars and to find out about other resources available through Pasco-Hernando SCORE, visit PascoHernando.score.org.
GrowPasco offers breakout sessions
Kevin Harrington, a Shark Tank original, is the keynote speaker at GrowPasco, a daylong event offering 12 breakout sessions for entrepreneurs and executives. The registration fee for the event is $40 per person, with a $20 per person rate for Pasco businesses and residents. The event will be on May 8, at Hyatt Place Tampa Wesley Chapel, at 26000 Sierra Center Blvd., in Lutz. To register, go to PascoEDC.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.