Developers are engaged in a number of projects along Curley Road, with work expected to be completed by the summer, according to information provided by the engineering services team of Pasco County.
Here’s a synopsis of the work involved:
Curley Road, from north of Overpass Road to Tyndall Road:
- Curb installation
- Roundabouts installed at Curley Road and Elam Road, and Kiefer Road and Ibis Grove Boulevard
- Turn lanes installed along Curley Road onto Avery Scope View; at Turtle Grace Loop/Rockfleet Drive; at Innovation Drive/Ivy Stark Boulevard
- Left-turn lane installed along Curley Road, northbound onto Tyndall Road
- Signal installed at Innovation Drive/Ivy Stark Boulevard
Curley Road, from south of Overpass Road (where south Infinite Drive will eventually intersect with Curley Road) to about 1,000 feet north of Overpass Road:
- Widening to four lanes
- Roundabouts installed at Curley Road and future Infinite Drive; Curley Road and future Victory Crossing Drive
- Dual left-turn lanes and single right-turn lanes from Curley Road onto Overpass Road, in both directions
A multi-use path also is being installed from the roundabout south of Overpass Road to Tyndall Road. The path will run along the east side of Curley Road, from the future Infinite Drive to Elam Road, and then switch over to the west side of Curley Road, from Elam Road to Tyndall Road. And the project includes a sidewalk on the west side of Curley Road from Overpass Road to Elam Road.
Pasco County will be reimbursing developers for the four-lane widening and the two roundabouts at Curley Road and Infinite Drive; and Curley Road and Victory Crossing Drive, estimated at roughly $6.5 million.
Published April 13, 2022
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.