Hillsborough County has a number of advisory boards and councils that have openings for volunteers.
Those interested in serving on these boards must live in Hillsborough County and be registered to vote there.
Applicants may apply to more than one board, but can only serve on one board at the same time, unless otherwise specifically approved by the Hillsborough County Commission.
Applicants must submit a completed Questionnaire for County Appointments and a Standards of Conduct form.
Forms are available on the County’s website at HCFLGov.net. Click on the “Government” link on the top of the page, then the “Boards and Committees” link. The forms can be filled out and printed, then scanned and emailed, faxed or mailed.
All forms must be signed and dated, and all questions must be answered in entirety to be eligible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Those applying to a board that requires a background check will be contacted by Hillsborough County’s Human Resources Department and/or First Choice with a link to complete the online background check. A response within 48 hours is required, at which time the link will expire.
Applications are due by the close of business on May 5.
Appointments will be scheduled for a meeting of the Hillsborough County Commission in May or June.
Forms can be mailed to P. O. Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601.
Or, they can be emailed to , or faxed to 813-239-3916.
They also may be delivered to 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 2nd Floor, Tampa, 33602.
Here are the boards with openings:
- Anti-Bullying Advisory Committee
- Building Board of Adjustment, Appeals and Examiners
- CareerSource Tampa Bay
- Child Care Licensing Advisory Board
- Child Care Licensing Hearing Officer
- Code Enforcement Board
- Council on Aging
- County Internal Audit Committee
- Cross Connection and Backflow Control Board
- Cultural Assets Commission
- Electrical Board of Adjustment, Appeals and Examiners
- Health Care Advisory Board
- Health Council of West Central Florida Inc.
- Historic Preservation Challenge Grant Program Review Committee
- Historic Resources Review Board
- Historical Advisory Council
- Hospital Authority
- Human Relations Board
- Land Use Appeals Board
- Mechanical Board of Adjustment, Appeals and Examiners
- Plumbing & Gas Board of Adjustment, Appeals and Examiners
- Public Art Committee
- Value Adjustment Board
For any questions or more specific information on any of these boards, email .
Published April 27, 2022
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.