Country Walk celebrates Class of 2022
Motorists entering Country Walk had a chance to celebrate graduates of all ages, with signs bearing photographs of their favorite graduates.
The tradition got its start during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to George O’Connor, a resident there. The parents and grandparents purchase signs with their favorite graduate’s photo, which are then put on display, he said.
Mindy Gammage placed the signs in the median of the community’s main entrance.This year, 55 graduates were featured.
Woman’s club awards scholarships
The GFWC Wesley Chapel Woman’s Cub presented its 2022 scholarship winners with certificates of congratulations. One of the scholarships was a generous donation from a supporting couple of the woman’s club, and was named in honor of the wife’s father who was a school teacher for more than 30 years. The A. Joseph DeGennaro scholarship was awarded to Lana Guzman. From left: Marie Ambrosino, club scholarship chairman; and scholarship winners Brianna Harris, Isabella Villegas-Lombeyda and Lana Guzman. Harris will be attending Saint Leo University, and Villegas-Lombeyda and Guzman will be attending the University of Florida.
Summer meals program
Pasco County Schools Summer Food Service program began June 6 and continues through July 29.
Breakfasts and lunches will be provided Monday through Thursday to anyone age 18 and younger, at various West Pasco, Central Pasco and East Pasco schools.
Students attending PLACE or Extended School Year programs will receive meals on campus while attending the program.
For school locations, visit Connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/summerfoodpasco/site-locations/.
Additionally, buses will be available at these locations, also Monday through Thursday:
- Hilltop Landings Apartments, 37611 Colina Drive, Dade City
- Resurrection House Park, 37124 Lock St., Dade City
- Trilby United Methodist Church, 37504 Trilby Road, Dade City
- Zephyrhills YMCA, 37301 Chapel Hill Loop, Zephyrhills
- Crystal Springs Community Center, 1655 Partridge Blvd., Zephyrhills
For questions and information, email .
Summer Haul Pass
Students can ride GoPasco County Public Transportation buses on regular routes all summer, for just $20. The special rate is effective June, July and August 2022.
Summer Haul Passes are available at these locations:
- GoPasco Administrative Office, 8620 Galen Wilson Blvd., New Port Richey
- Pasco County Clerk & Comptroller Office, East/West Pasco Government Centers
- Pasco-Hernando State College bookstores, in Dade City, New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel
- County libraries
For more information, visit bit.ly/SummerBusPass.
- William Brockman, of Lutz, Dean’s List at Tallahassee Community College
- Austin Brown, of Lutz, Dean’s List at Tallahassee Community College
- Hannah Coleman, of Lutz, Dean’s List at Tallahassee Community College
- Kassidy Gordon, of Lutz, Dean’s List at Tallahassee Community College
- John Martinez, of Dade City, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Management, from Union University (Jackson, Tennessee)
- Ryleigh McElroy, of Lutz, Dean’s List at Talllahassee Community College
- JoAna Mucklow, of Odessa, Chancellor’s Honor Roll at the University of Mississippi. Mucklow is majoring in general business.
- Mykayla Christine Parise-King, of Lutz, Honor Roll of the Academic Dean at Mars Hill University (North Carolina)
- Brynnan Popper, of Odessa, Dean’s List at Tallahassee Community College
Fee adjustment meeting
Pasco-Hernando State College’s (PHSC) District Board of Trustees (DBOT) will consider approving proposed adjusted course-related fees at its board meeting on June 21 at 6 p.m., at the North Campus.
Fee adjustment proposals are reviewed and approved for DBOT consideration by PHSC’s Council of Academic Affairs, a committee that includes representation by administrators, deans, academic department chairs, program directors, faculty and staff.
Many fee adjustments relate to vendor increases for workforce courses, laboratories, and program testing. Some fees may be covered by financial aid, scholarships and grants.
For details regarding proposed fee adjustments, justification for the fees and fee implementation details, visit Policies.phsc.edu, and click on Policies and Procedures, Public Disclosures.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.