These local players were selected in the 2022 Major League Baseball Draft, which ran from July 17 to July 19:
- Tayden Hall, Steinbrenner: The former Warriors catcher and son of former Tampa Bay Rays catcher, Toby Hall, was selected in the ninth round with the 282nd pick by the Milwaukee Brewers out of the State College of Florida.
- Tim Elko, Hillsborough (Lutz native): After helping lead Ole Miss to its first-ever NCAA College World Series Championship, the first baseman was selected in the 10th round with the 311st pick by the Chicago White Sox.
- Zach Showalter, Wesley Chapel: Although committed to pitch for the University of South Florida, this righty was taken in the 11th round with the 317th pick by the Baltimore Orioles.
- Jared Beck, Saint Leo University: A 7-foot southpaw who racked up 141 strikeouts in his Lions career, he was taken in the 13th round with the 377th pick by the Orioles.
- Julian Bosnic, Berkeley Prep (Lutz native): This left-handed pitcher playing for South Carolina was taken in the 14th round with the 410th pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Evan Crest, Wharton: Although committed to pitch for Jacksonville University, this righty was taken in the 17th round with the 502nd pick by the Miami Marlins.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.