Zephyrhills chamber announces awards
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce presented its 2022 Business and Community Awards on Aug. 23, during a banquet attended by 180 business and community leaders, at the Southport Springs Golf & Country Club, in Zephyrhills, according to a chamber news release.
State Sen. Danny Burgess was the master of ceremonies for the event, which celebrated business successes and community contributions.
Dr. Randy Stovall paid tribute to Melonie Monson, who is stepping away from her post as the chamber’s CEO, to work in her family’s business.
Awards were announced in eight categories. Here is the list of the recipients:
- Leadership in Government: Danny Burgess
- Citizen of the Year: Paul Correia
- Alice Hall Lifetime Achievement Award: Greg First
- Small Business of the Year: A.O.K. Axe of Kindness
- Large Business of the Year: Sarah Vande Berg Tennis & Wellness Center
- The Diamond Award: Rotary Club of Zephyrhills Daybreak
- Ambassador of the Year: Sam Abrahani
- Chamber Member of the Year: Dr. Randy Stovall
The chamber also announced its new board of directors and officers.
Dr. Edwin Goolsby, chairman
Dr. Randy Stovall, vice chair
John Scott, treasurer
Dennis Harmeson, secretary
2022-2023 board of directors:
Sam Abrahani, Shane Barker, Steve Bahorski, Kathy Britton, Amy Chappell, Pascal Collard, Kendall Deford, Alex Hulbert, Karly Jarrett, Vicky Jones, Amanda Maggard, Bill Morehouse, Kimberly Poe, Sue Prenderville, Kevin Sullivan, David West and Jasmine Wilkins.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce recently announced the grand opening of the Zephyrhills Pediatric Dental Center, at 37920 Medical Arts Court. The chamber took part in the grand opening festivities on Aug. 30.
Pasco EDC award finalists
The Pasco Economic Development Council (Pasco EDC) has identified 25 businesses — engaged in a wide range of pursuits — as finalists for its 34th annual awards.
Six winners will be announced at the economic development organization’s awards ceremony, according to a news release.
The event is set for Sept. 8 from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the Pasco-Hernando State College Instructional Performing Arts Center (IPAC), 8657 Old Pasco Road in Wesley Chapel.
Members of the Pasco EDC Annual Awards Committee interviewed each of the finalists and selected the winner in six categories.
Nominated companies include:
- Orange Blossom Women’s Group
- American Fabric Filter Co.
- Pasco Kid’s First
- BayCare Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
- PharmaWorks, Inc.
- Baymar Solutions
- Pryor Baseball Farm
- Bravado Pharmaceuticals
- Rasmussen University
- Doulas for Life
- Santander Consumer USA
- Life Essentials Refillery
- Starkey Market
- Florida Avenue Brewing Co.
- The Acting Studio
- Keiser University
- TouchPoint Medical, Inc.
- Lanky Lassie’s Shortbread
- TwinStar Optics & Coatings, Inc.
- Meopta USA, Inc.
- U.S. Water Services Corporation
- Mobile Millennial
- Vincent House Pasco
- Morganna’s Alchemy
Tickets to the awards event are available online at PascoEDC.com.