Residents of the City of Zephyrhills will be choosing a new mayor and selecting a representative for Seat 2 on City Council, during the Municipal Elections, set for April 11.
Here are the important election dates and information regarding the election.
- Municipal Candidate Qualifying begins at noon on Feb. 7.
- Municipal Candidate Qualifying ends at noon on Feb. 14.
- Mayor’s Caucus is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Feb 17 in Council Chambers at City Hall, 5335 Eighth St.
- Municipal Election: Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., on April 11, at Alice Hall Community Center, 38116 Fifth Ave., in Zephyr Park.
- All candidates must be a qualified and registered voter of the City of Zephyrhills and have been a resident of the city for a six-month period immediately preceding the next election to qualify for any City elective office.
- The City Council may set filing fees to be paid by candidates at the time of qualifying to run for elective office.
- The nomination of all candidates for elective offices shall be made by nominating petitions. The name of any elector of the City having the necessary qualifications to hold the office may be nominated for the election to such office when a petition shall be filed with the City Clerk, signed by not less than 25 registered voters of the City.
For additional information, please visit the Pasco County Supervisor of Elections website at PascoVotes.com.
Published January 18, 2023