It’s that time of year when hordes of shoppers head out to buy holiday gifts.
- Park in a well-lit and highly visible spot, remove belongings when exiting the car and store packages in a trunk, out of sight.
- When shopping online, use secure websites for purchases; secure websites include an “s” with https:// (instead of http://).
- Use a credit card instead of a debit card for additional security when buying online.
- Do not buy gift cards from an auction or community website.
- Have packages delivered to a safe location such as an office, a package room or to a trusted neighbor who is home.
- Beware of suspiciously low pricing. (If a deal looks too good, it may be fake.)
Remember, taking precautions can go a long way toward ensuring your safety.
You can find more crime prevention tips by checking the PSO’s social media channels and visiting News.PascoSheriff.com.
Published November 15, 2023