Personal safety initiatives within your family, home and community can always be improved.
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office (PSO) offers these steps to help protect homes and neighborhoods from crime:
- Stick to a daily 9 p.m. routine of removing all valuables, including guns, from your car and locking it.
- Complete a home safety evaluation: Ensure all locks to exterior doors and windows work properly and are clear of any debris.
- Stay alert and pay attention no matter how you commute; always follow the rules of the road and obey safety signals.
- Digital safety is important, too. The PSO encourages parents and guardians to talk with children about safe and appropriate behavior online.
- If you see something suspicious, say something. Report suspicious activity to law enforcement immediately.
The PSO emphasizes the importance of evaluating safety practices and being cautious to prevent yourself from falling victim to various crimes.
Follow the Pasco Sheriff’s Office on social media or visit PascoSheriff.com for updates.
Published November 15, 2023