The Pasco Sheriff’s Office offers these tips to help you stay safe, while you work to stay fit:
- Park in a well-lit and highly visible area – you’ll be more likely to be seen when you are outside fitness centers.
- Properly secure your valuables and lock your doors before going into the gym.
- Avoid using gym key hangers open to the public to ensure your keys stay safe.
- Wear bright colors and something reflective when exercising outdoors to increase visibility in congested areas.
- Stay alert by keeping your eyes and ears open when exercising, especially when exercising outdoors such as running or riding a bike.
- For extended outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, tell loved ones where you’ll be and for how long.
- Remember to stay hydrated and carry a charged phone in the event you need help.