All five Gulfside Hospice Thrift Shoppes will collect toiletry items to give out to homeless and at-risk veterans as part of this year’s Stand Down Pasco County.
Donation collection begins Oct. 6 and will last until Oct. 17. Organizers prefer travel-size toiletry items, but also needed are personal care items, anti-bacterial hand wipes or gel, deodorant, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, flashlights, batteries, reading glasses and others.
Donations are accepted at these thrift stores:
• Dade City Thrift Shoppe, 37925 Sky Ridge Circle
• Lutz Thrift Shoppe, 1930 Land O’ Lakes Blvd.
• Zephyrhills Thrift Shoppe, 36542 State Road 54
• Hudson Thrift Shoppe, 12154 U.S. 19 in Bayonet Point
• New Port Richey Thrift Shoppe, 6117 State Road 54
Those stores are open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and closed on Sundays.
Each sale benefits Gulfside Hospice and helps provide care for patients with life-limiting illnesses in the county.
The stores also are in need of volunteers. For more information, call (800) 561-4883, or visit Facebook.com/ghthriftshoppes.