The Pasco Economic Development Council will adjust the format for its annual awards banquet to allow more networking and showcase an industry trade show, according to a news release from Pasco EDC.
The 2017 Annual Awards will be at Saddlebrook Resort on Aug. 31. The event will have a shortened awards ceremony, and a brief report on Pasco County’s economic development progress.
The awards recognize top companies in Pasco that excel in technology, innovation job creation, growth, capital investment and community development. The nomination deadline ended on April 28.
In evaluating nominees, the Pasco EDC looks at job creation, increased capital investment and contributions to the community through civic involvement between January 2016 and June 2017.
Industry awards are given in the following categories:
- Small (1-20 employees)
- Medium (21-100 employees)
- Large (101 or more employees)
- Startup/New within past 24 months
Pasco EDC has partnered with Pasco County government for more than three decades to attract businesses and create jobs in Pasco.
In the past year, Pasco EDC helped to expand or relocate 17 companies, employing more than 1,100 people. This includes nearly 850 new jobs and about $145 million in capital investment.
In other accomplishments, Pasco EDC:
- Visited 69 Pasco companies and made presentations to more than 30 groups and organizations
- Responded to more than 190 requests for business assistance through the Pasco Enterprise Network (PEN)
- Increased the Pasco Microloan Fund capitalization up to $709,000
- Held three CO.STARTERS classes for entrepreneurs
- Started a new International Committee to set goals and expand into the international arena
- Partnered with Pasco County Commission on Penny for Pasco programs, including Ready Sites and CEO Roundtable
About 600 community and business leaders attend the annual awards banquet.
Space is limited, and early reservations are encouraged.
Sponsorships range from $500 to $5,000, with five benefit levels.
Published May 17, 2017