NAMI Pasco County has named its 2021 Heroes of Hope, recognizing those who go the extra mile to help people with mental health conditions.
Joey Johnston, a contributor to The Laker/Lutz News, was recognized as the Media Person of the Year, for work published in The Laker/Lutz News.
Other recipients were:
- Professional of the Year: Dr. Eddie Williams
- Board Member of the Year: Elaina Sabra
- College Advocate of the Year: Heather Snyder
- Justice Hero of the Year: Brandi Geoit
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Alyssa Smith
- Innovator of the Year: Joe Chatham
- Teen Advocate of the Year: Andrew Snyder
- Officer of the Year: Karen Norris
- Peer Support of the Year: Avery Lomax
- Volunteer of the Year: Robin Boyko
- Office of the Year: Trinity Behavioral Health
NAMI Pasco County is affiliated with the National Alliance of Mental Illness, a not-for-profit organization that provides free support, advocacy, outreach and education to those with mental health conditions and their loved ones.
The Heroes of Hope 2021 awards were presented on Oct. 9.
Published October 20, 2021