Credit union celebrates history
A six-panel display has been installed to showcase the history and mission of the San Antonio Citizens Credit Union.
Local artist Kent Ross recently completed the display, which celebrates the credit union that was founded in 1955 and recently opened a new Operations Center in San Antonio, according to a news release.
Patty Sarne, the credit union’s president and CEO commissioned the art panels, which are on display at the main entry.
The panels illustrate the story of the credit union, through the people who have helped it prosper, and also reflect how the credit union’s membership has grown through the years.
In the news release, Ross said he was pleased to take on the project, “the history of this credit union was rich and they supplied me with some great memorabilia to incorporate into my design along with great stories – the first days business was conducted out of a cigar box!”
He also noted that he has been a member of the credit union for 40 years, so he’s personally seen how it has transformed through the years.
Hiring employees to help you succeed
This free workshop, presented through Pasco Economic Development Council Inc.’s SMARTstart program, helps employers hire employees that fit within the culture and brand of their business.
The workshop will be on May 11 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., at SMARTstart @ The Grove, 6013 Wesley Grove Blvd., Suite 202, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit SmartStartPasco.com/the-grove-entrepreneur-center.
Chamber seeking award nominees
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce has set is annual awards celebration for Aug. 25 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Southport Springs Golf & Country Club.
Nominees are being sought in these categories:
- Small Business of the Year: Up to 25 employees
- Large Business of the Year: Over 25 employees
- The Diamond Award (nonprofit)
- Leadership in Government/Economic Development Champion
- Citizen of the Year
- Alice Hall Community Service Award (for a lifetime of contributions toward the betterment of Zephyrhills).
Last year’s winners are not eligible in the same category this year.
For more information, visit the chamber’s website at ZephyrhillsChamber.org.
These grand openings and ribbon-cuttings were announced by the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce:
- Optum Dental Arts, on May 5 from noon to 1 p.m., at 5721 Gunn Highway. Lunch provided by Capital Tacos.
- Woodie’s Wash Shack, 17322 State Road 54, in the Ballantrae area of Land O’ Lakes. Prizes and giveaways were included during the April 29 event.
This grand opening and ribbon-cutting was announced by the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce:
- Jamm Gymnastics, 5048 Airport Road, in Zephyrhills. Held on April 30, the event featured activities, prizes and tours.
Connecting small construction business to lenders
The Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County and Valley Bank are hosting a construction and contractor small business loan conference at Hotel Haya, 1412 Seventh Ave., in Tampa. The free event is set for May 5 from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Advanced registration is recommended. Call 813-204-9267, or visit HCFLGov.net/FSBDC for more information.
Upcoming free SCORE webinars
- May 11, noon to 1 p.m.: Hiring to grow your business
- May 19, noon to 1 p.m.: Five challenges when starting a business
- May 31, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Creating and using your business plan
Register today at PascoHernando.score.org.
Pasco Hernando SCORE also offers free individual, confidential small business mentoring.
New offerings at The Shops at Wiregrass
The Shops at Wiregrass is expanding its directory of permanent tenants.
Jabz Boxing recently opened. It offers High Intensity Interval Training (HITT) group fitness classes for trainees of all fitness levels. Its signature fitness circuit incorporates kickboxing, cardio, plyometrics, agility, and functional training exercises.
These businesses are coming soon:
- Signature Workspace: Signature Workspace offers a variety of spaces for freelancers and growing businesses alike. Signature Workspace aims to provide an elevated remote-working experience for Wesley Chapel residents starting in early 2023.
- The Living Room: The Living Room invites guests to experience their culinary creations beginning this summer. Dishes are served as they are ready, rather than all at once, to ensure freshness and create a unique tasting experience for guests. Serving brunch, lunch, dinner, and a variety of craft cocktails.
- Leonidas Chocolates: Beginning this summer, Leonidas Chocolates will offer assorted chocolate boxes to single-serve chocolate treats. Its chocolates are made with 100% pure cocoa butter.
- Body Details True Laser Treatment Center: A one-stop shop for cosmetic laser treatments. Body Details features a team of advanced practice Nurse Practitioners. They provide services ranging from laser hair and tattoo removal to skin rejuvenation procedures such as the removal of acne scarring and dark spots. Body Details will accept new patients beginning this summer.
- Crazy Sushi: Creating an all-you-can-eat dining experience, Crazy Sushi features a menu of fresh and savory, sushi and hibachi dishes that guests can keep ordering until they’re full, for a flat rate. Crazy Sushi is set to open this fall.
To view full directory, visit TheShopsAtWiregrass.com/directory/.
New sandwich shop opens
Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop has opened a shop at 1948 Collier Parkway, in Lutz.
This is the first of 15 locations that entrepreneur Scott Crawford plans to open across the Tampa Bay area, with each shop adding 20 to 25 jobs to the local economy.
This is Carpriotti’s second Florida location, according to a news release.
The shop serves cheesesteaks, turkey subs and more.
Crawford is no stranger to the restaurant industry. With his first job out of high school as a pizza delivery driver, Crawford now has over 20 years of experience in the food service industry.
The Lutz Capriotti’s will offer a convenient order-ahead option, in addition to third-party delivery services.
Capriotti’s is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily. For additional information, visit Capriottis.com, or call the location at 813-553-3745.