New graduation dates released
The Yuengling Center at USF is unable to hold the delayed graduations planned in August for Pasco County’s graduating seniors, according to the Pasco County Schools’ Facebook page.
An alternate plan for in-person graduation ceremonies is to take place outdoors (most schools) in each school’s stadium. These ceremonies are scheduled from July 17 through July 31.
At each graduation, the student will be able to bring two guests, and each grouping of three (graduate and two guests) will be seated together on the field at a safe distance from other graduates and their guests.
The new graduation dates and times are:
- July 17 at 7:30 p.m.: Zephyrhills High, ZHS stadium; Wesley Chapel High, WCHS stadium; and Fivay High, FHS stadium
- July 18 at 8 a.m.: Land O’ Lakes High, LOLHS stadium
- July 20 at 7:30 p.m.: Pasco eSchool, Crews Lake Middle cafeteria
- July 22 at 8:30 a.m.: Sunlake High, SLHS stadium; and at 6 p.m.: Wendell Krinn Technical High, Wendell Krinn gymnasium
- July 24 at 7:30 p.m.: Cypress Creek High, CCHS stadium; J.W. Mitchell High, JWMHS stadium; and Pasco High, PHS stadium
- July 25 at 9 a.m.: Gulf High, J.W. Mitchell stadium
- July 29 at 7:30 p.m.: Marchman Technical College, Wendell Krinn stadium
- July 31 at 7:30 p.m.: Wiregrass Ranch High, WRHS stadium; River Ridge High, RRHS stadium; Anclote High, AHS stadium; and Hudson High, HHS stadium
Westfield Citrus Park, 8021 Citrus Park Town Center in Tampa, will host a Full Inclusion Back-to-School Bash on July 18 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event focuses on families with both neuro-diverse and neuro-typical children.
There will be a “Quiet Hour” when the ‘doors’ open an hour prior to the event for children on the spectrum or with sensory disorders. Both vendors and guests are asked to wear masks, but a DIY mask-making station will be provided. There also will be a touchless photo booth with characters, and plexiglass partitions on tables.
Families must register in advance for a child to receive a backpack. Some vendors will offer school supplies and take-home activities. Admission and all school supplies (while supplies last) are free.
For information and to register, call (727) 674-1464, or visit EventBrite.com.
Fee adjustment review
Pasco-Hernando State College’s District Board of Trustees (DBOT) will consider approving proposed adjusted course-related fees at its July 21 board meeting, at 6 p.m., at the school’s West Campus in New Port Richey.
Fee adjustment proposals are reviewed and approved for DBOT consideration by PHSC’s Council of Academic Affairs, a committee that includes representation by administrators, deans, academic department chairs, program directors, faculty and staff.
Many fee adjustments relate to vendor increases for workforce courses, laboratories, and program testing.
Some fees may be covered by financial aid, scholarships and grants.
For details regarding the proposed fee adjustments, justification for the fees and fee implementation details, visit tinyurl.com/y8u7wxzy.
- Amanda Andujar, Odessa: Dean’s List, Ithaca College, New York
- Nicole Leigh Avary, Odessa: President’s List and Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Clemson University, South Carolina
- Kaylyn Burr, Land O’ Lakes: High Honor, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Cassandra Cooper, Lutz: Dean’s List and Bachelor of Arts (International Honors), College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Adam Filinovich, Wesley Chapel: President’s List, Florida State University, Tallahassee
- Michael Fisher, Lutz: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, University of Florida
- Molly Grace Flanagan, Lutz: Dean’s List, Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont
- Sydney Fleeman, Odessa: Dean’s List, Valdosta State University, Georgia
- Michelle Graham, Lutz: Dean’s List, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- Lauryn Green, Odessa: Dean’s List, High Point University, North Carolina
- Gabrielle Harrison, Lutz: Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Information Sciences, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Haley Hernandez, Lutz: Chancellor’s List, Troy University, Alabama
- Jace Hohenthaner, Lutz: Dean’s List, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb
- Elijah Hames, Odessa: Dean’s List, Kennesaw State University, Georgia
- Thais Jacomassi, Lutz: Dean’s List, Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Kristen Jansen, Lutz: Non-Traditional Pharmacy degree, Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
- Lynn Keller, Odessa: Dean’s List, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Emily Leonard, Wesley Chapel: Dean’s List, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- Cayla Lowrey, Odessa: Dean’s List, High Point University, North Carolina
- Nicole Mitchell, Lutz: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Julliet Abel Muriel, Spring Hill: Dean’s List, Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont
- Ebonee Nicholes, Lutz: Bachelor of Arts, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Clare O’ Keefe, Lutz: Dean’s List, Endicott College, Beverly, Massachusetts
- Megan Richards, Wesley Chapel: Dean’s List, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Megan Rizzi, Lutz: Dean’s List, Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- Robert Root, Land O’ Lakes: University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- Angelo Sardegna, Lutz: Dean’s List, Curry College, Milton, Massachusetts
- Dylan Schaffer, Lutz: Dean’s List, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, Missouri
- Eric Sennott, Odessa: Dean’s List, Curry College, Milton, Massachusetts
- Patrick Smith, Land O’ Lakes: Bachelor of Science in Human Development & Family Sciences: Family Social Services, Northern Illinois University, Dekalb
- Nicole Solomon, Odessa: Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Information Sciences, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Ashlyn Stevens, Lutz: Dean’s List, Harding University, Searcy, Arkansas
- Elizabeth Szabo, Odessa: Dean’s List, High Point University, North Carolina
- Brett Taylor, Land O’ Lakes: Dean’s Honor Roll, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Riley Wood, Land O’ Lakes: Honor Roll, Bethel University, McKenzie, Tennessee
- Jonathan Young, Wesley Chapel: President’s List, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia