Saint Leo University once again is partnering with Two Men and a Truck, as well as local schools, businesses and other organizations, to collect items critically needed by veterans.
As part of its annual Movers for Military community outreach program, the university and local organizations are accepting essential care items they will distribute to veterans living in local shelters on Veterans Day on Nov. 11.
Collection began on Sept. 29, and continues until Nov. 7, at six collection boxes in high-traffic areas around the East Pasco County campus of Saint Leo. Two other boxes, primarily for the general public, are available in the atrium of the Donald R. Tapia School of Business, and the lobby of the Marion Bowman Activities Center.
The wish list for donations include:
• Soap, shampoo, shaving cream, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash and deodorant
• Washcloths, towels, sheets and blankets
• Backpacks, sleeping bags, plastic blue tarps, and disposable rain ponchos
• Sneakers, thick socks and winter hats
• Canned food
• Batteries, Band-Aids, baby wipes and insect repellant