To optimize the safety of those coming to the Pasco Judicial Center or Robert Sumner Judicial Center, the center will be:
- Limiting the number of jurors called to allow for social distancing in each Jury Assembly Room
- Spacing out the days of the week on which jurors are summoned
- Requiring face coverings
- Installing Plexiglas barriers
- Locating hand-sanitizing stations throughout each courthouse
- Frequently disinfecting common-area surfaces
Details may be found at PascoClerk.com/260/Jury-Services.
The resumption of in-person trials is occurring under the direction of state Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Canady for Florida courts to pursue a safe return to more traditional operations. Sixth Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Anthony Rondolino recently instructed courts in Pasco and Pinellas Counties to begin preparations for Phase 2 functions, clearing the path toward restarting trials with in-person jurors, the release says.
Published October 28, 2020