Republican women’s group endorses Trump
The Florida Federation of Republican Women has announced its support for the reelection of President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence in the 2020 Presidential Election. The women’s political group also endorsed that ticket during the 2016 presidential election, according to a news release from the organization.
Randy Maggard endorsements
Randy Maggard is running for reelection in District 38 of the Florida House of Representatives. His campaign has announced the following endorsements:
- The West Central Florida Chapter of the Florida Police Benevolent Association
- Pasco County Schools Superintendent Kurt Browning
- Richard Corcoran, former speaker of the Florida House and current state education commissioner
East Pasco Democrat Club
The East Pasco Democratic Club will meet remotely, via Zoom, at Oct. 19, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will feature supporting the Democratic candidates locally and nationally. All members and friends of the Democratic Party are invited to attend. Email , or call (813) 383-8315 for details. Socializing begins at 6 p.m., followed by the meeting.
Democrat Club meeting set
The Central Pasco Democratic Club will meet Oct. 21 at 6:45 p.m., remotely on Zoom. The meeting will feature supporting the Democratic candidates locally and nationally. All members and friends of the Democratic Party are invited to attend. Email , or call (813) 383-8315 for details. Socializing begins at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting.
Kathy Lewis endorsements
Kathy Lewis is running for the District 20 seat in the State Senate. She has received these endorsements, according to her campaign:
- Tracey Kagan, Democratic candidate for the Florida House
- Florida State Sen. Victor “Vic” M. Torres, Jr.
Polling place changes in Pasco
Pasco County Supervisor of Elections Brian Corley announced the following polling place changes for precincts 15 and 55, for the 2020 General Election.
• Precinct 15: Cornerstone Community Church, 5708 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, 34652
• Precinct 55: Zephyr Shores Estates POA Clubhouse, 35143 State Road 54 W., Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
• Precinct 15: Ashbury United Methodist Church, 4204 Thys Road, New Port Richey
• Precinct 55: Crystal Lakes Clubhouse, Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Pasco County will mail sample ballots to voters on Oct. 9. Voters who have requested vote-by-mail do not receive sample ballots.
Some vote-by-mail reminders
The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections’ Office provides these Vote By Mail reminders, on its website:
- Don’t forget to sign your Vote By Mail envelope before returning it.
- Make sure you have a current signature on file with your Supervisor of Elections Office. You can update your signature by completing a printed or online voter registration application. (An online application will add your most recent Florida Driver License or Florida State ID signature to your voter record.)
- Be consistent when signing your mail ballot return envelope. Signatures are compared to those on file with the elections office.
- You may mail your ballot back or drop it off at your local elections offices or Early Voting sites (during Early Voting).
- Check with your local elections office for more information on drop-off locations.
- If you mail the ballot back, make sure to allow plenty of time for it to be received. It’s a good idea that you allow at least a week for your mailed ballot to reach your elections office. If your ballot isn’t in your county’s elections office by 7 p.m., Election Day, it will not be counted.