Registration has begun for Hillsborough County’s 16th annual Neighborhoods Conference.
The free event is set for Nov. 2 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, 10221 Princess Palm Ave., in Sabal Park.
This year’s theme is “Reimagining Neighborhoods.”
Neighborhood and community leaders are invited to come to the conference to build on their leadership skills, hear new ways to make where they live safer, and learn how to navigate government processes and regulations.
Besides having a chance to learn, the event includes access to all exhibits, giveaways, the Neighborhood Recognition Awards luncheon, and conference workshops.
The workshop topics are:
- Leadership development and techniques
- Code enforcement: Questions and answers
- NextDoor strategies, tips and tricks
- How to write award-winning grant applications
- Solutions to common challenges faced by neighborhood associations
- Building resiliency within communities to help with disaster recovery
- What neighborhoods can expect during the 2020 U.S. Census
For more information, or to register, call (813) 272-5860, or go to HCFLGov.net/Neighborhoods and click on 16th annual Neighborhoods Conference link.
Published October 23, 2019