When moms and their children escape from a dangerous situation at home, they may not have a chance to pack clothing or personal care items, or other belongings.
This is the 11th year that Two Men and a Truck has organized the Movers for Moms Program, with the goal of giving back to mothers in need each Mother’s Day.
During 2018, the program, which operates nationally, collected more than 365,000 items for mothers and their children staying in hundreds of shelters, according to a company news release.
Locally, the Two Men and a Truck franchise will pick up items at a number of collection points, where businesses or other organizations have volunteered to accept donations.
Businesses accepting donations within The Laker/Lutz coverage area are:
- Chris Black Insurance, 1868 Highland Oaks Blvd., Lutz
- Cornerstone Air & Plumbing, 4946 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Land O’ Lakes
- First in Property Management, 6013 Wesley Grove Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- First National Bank of Pasco, 13315 U.S. 301, Dade City
- First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz
- Florida Luxury Realty, 24646 State Road 54, Lutz
- Future Home Realty, 27552 Cashford Circle, Suite 101, Wesley Chapel
- Mason Title, 27544 Cashford Circle, Wesley Chapel
- Pasco County Sheriff, 1195 Shops at Wiregrass, Wesley Chapel
Donations will be picked up by Two Men and a Truck during the week of May 6, and will be delivered on May 10 to Sunrise of Pasco County and The Spring of Tampa Bay.
Some of the program’s needs are:
Curtains and curtain rods
Alarm clocks and wall clocks
Nail polish remover
Batteries (AA, AAA,D,9V)
Electric plug covers
Two pocket folders
Mops for industrial use
Toilet bowl cleaner and brushes
New or gently used clothing
Diapers (sizes 3,4,5,6)
Baby over-the-counter medicine
Diaper rash ointment
Published April 24, 2019