Impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic have forced businesses to shutter, and others to regroup — but activity continues to hum along at the Cypress Creek Town Center, near Wesley Chapel.
Located at Wesley Chapel Boulevard and State Road 56, the outdoor mall features a broad array of shops, restaurants, stores and a hotel on the north side of State Road 56.
Meanwhile, across the way, on the south side of State Road 56, Tampa Premium Outlets occupies a large chunk of real estate, but is surrounded by free-standing restaurants, big box stores, an entertainment venue and other things.
The assortment of places to eat, drink, shop and have fun continues to grow.
The newest development is a massive Floor & Décor, now under construction at 25737 Sierra Center Blvd.
Crews were busy painting an exterior wall recently, and a sign hung on a chain-link fence made this promise: Coming soon.
Floor & Décor, headquartered in Atlanta, offers a wide assortment of in-stock, hard-surface flooring, including tile, wood, laminate/luxury vinyl plank, and natural stone, along with decorative and installation accessories.
A number of other new businesses have opened nearby, or are expected to open soon.
- Pure Hockey, 25629 Sierra Center Blvd., sporting goods store that specializes in hockey gear
- La-Z-Boy Home Furnishings & Decor, a 13,560-square-foot store at 25960 Sierra Center Blvd.
- Five Guys, a restaurant specializing in handcrafted burgers and fresh fries, at 25598 Sierra Center Blvd.
- Crumbl Cookies, a dessert shop offering specialty cookies, at 25922 Sierra Center Blvd.
- European Wax Center, at 25914 Sierra Center Blvd., provides a range of waxing services for the entire body.
- Woof Gang Bakery and Grooming, a specialty shop for pet grooming, pet food and supplies, at 25912 Sierra Center Blvd.
- Charles Schwab, at 25926 Sierra Center Blvd., which provides a range of brokerage, banking and financial advisory services
- IVX Health, at 25930 Sierra Center Blvd., offers biologic injections and infusions for patients with health care issues, including Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, lupus and multiple sclerosis.
- Zukku Sushi, at 25916 Sierra Center Blvd., is opening soon, according to its Facebook page. It offers a menu of sushi burritos, curated pig bowls and curated sushi bowls, sashimi and nigiri.
Meanwhile, at the western end of Sierra Center Boulevard, Bloomin’ Brands plans to open a trio of restaurants.
The first of those, Aussie Grill, opened in May, at 25340 Sierra Center Blvd. It is the first stand-alone restaurant in this brand that the chain has opened anywhere.
A Bonefish Grill is expected to open this fall, and a Carrabba’s Italian Grill is expected to open early next year, according to the company website.
The three restaurants will be clustered together with a shared parking lot.
On the southern side of State Road 56, Rock & Brews is in the process of hiring, in anticipation of opening soon.
The restaurant, at 26000 State Road 56, will have décor that features rock n’ roll posters. Televisions will play music videos, and diners will be able to play shuffleboard, corn hole and foosball.
The restaurant’s menu includes burgers, pizzas and salads — made from scratch with locally sourced ingredients. Plus, there’s a large selection of craft beers and an outdoor patio.
Nearby, Cigars International, at 2691 Creek Grass Way, recently opened — offering a selection of 1,300 cigar brands, a full-service lounge, an outdoor lounge and other amenities.
Another recently opened attraction, Main Event, at 2839 Creek Grass Way, is a 49,000-square-foot venue offering 22 bowling lanes, billiards, laser tag, gravity ropes, shuffleboard, games, banquet rooms and various food options.
Future plans in the development call for a 70-seat Zaxby’s restaurant and a 3,120-square-foot Tidal Wave car wash, in the general vicinity of the Aldi grocery store, which opened earlier this year, at 2215 Sun Vista Drive.
Beyond what’s already been developed, there’s also room available for future growth, according to a marketing brochure prepared by Colliers International.
The brochure reports an estimated population of 112,600 within a 5-mile radius of the center, with an average age of 37.8 years old and an average household income of $99,937.
Those statistics may explain why the area has fared so well, despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Published October 21, 2020