Community partners are teaming up with the National Football League, the Tampa Bay Super Bowl LV Host Committee and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a Super Bowl project that will put books, sports equipment, school supplies and games into the hands of local children.
The project, called Super Kids-Super Sharing, has been implemented in every Super Bowl host community for the past 22 years, according to an NFL Green news release, and area residents are being invited to help.
Super Kids partners will host collections through Dec. 18 at their facilities, and donated items will be shared with the children the organizations serve, and with Repay Tampa Bay, and Boys and Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay.
Participating partners include the YMCAs of Tampa Bay, the Hillsborough Education Foundation, Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation, City of Tampa Parks and Recreation, the City of Tampa, Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, and numerous schools in the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
New and very gently used books appropriate for schoolchildren, sports equipment of all types, school supplies, and board and video games can be dropped off at these locations:
- Hillsborough Education Foundation, 2306 N. Howard Ave., Tampa: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful Environmental Education Center, 4398 N. Riverside Drive, Tampa: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- New Tampa Recreation Center, 17302 Commerce Park Blvd.: Monday through Thursday from noon to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon
- East Pasco Family YMCA, 37301 Chapel Hill Loop, Zephyrhills: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New Tampa Family YMCA, 16221 Compton Drive, Tampa: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gently used donated items should be in excellent condition; new items also will be accepted.
For more details and complete list of participating partners and locations, visit tinyurl.com/y5pgafe3.
Published December 09, 2020