Pasco EDC gets $15,000 donation
The Pasco Economic Development Council Inc., has received a $15,000 donation from the Wells Fargo Foundation to support business loans through the Pasco EDC’s SMARTSTART Microloan Program.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the Pasco EDC to support local entrepreneurs who are essential to the fabric of our communities. The development and growth of small businesses is an integral part of why we remain focused on providing opportunities through financial education and philanthropic contributions,” J. Bradley Smith said in the release. He’s the Wells Fargo Pasco East district manager and a member of the Pasco EDC Board of Directors.
“The SMARTstart Microloan Program gives businesses an opportunity to get started when they may not have the funds to do so,” Bill Cronin, Pasco EDC president/CEO, said in the release.
“This program is one of the many programs SMARTstart offers to the community and we thank Wells Fargo for their continued support. This donation shows the organization’s involvement in continuing to grow our local Pasco entrepreneur ecosystem,” Cronin added.
Over the lifetime of the Microloan Program, there have been 64 microloans awarded totaling nearly $2 million to local businesses with an average loan of $31,163.
Wells Fargo has supported the microloan program for years, donating $198,000 total, the release said.
North Tampa Bay Chamber networking
• Monthy coffee social at Raining Berries, every third Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., for networking before work
• Coffee Connection at Coffee Speaks ‘N Tea Talks, Aug. 19, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Quarterly Final Friday at Walk On’s Bistreaux & Bar, in Wesley Chapel, on Aug. 26, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Pasco Economic Development Council annual awardsThe Pasco Economic Development Council Inc., has scheduled its 34th annual Awards Ceremony for Sept. 8 from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Pasco-Hernando State College’s Instructional Performing Arts Center, 8657 Old Pasco Road, in Wesley Chapel. Space is limited. For additional information, email , or call 813-926-0827, ext. 229.
Florida Cancer Specialists open house
The North Tampa Bay Chamber has announced that Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute will celebrate its new Zephyrhills location, at 6315 Green Slope Drive, on Aug. 18 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Light hors d’oeuvres will be served. Please RSVP by Aug. 16 to Chester Haylock at 813- 860-4971 or .
Reinventing the way you compete
This free webinar, presented by volunteer Jose Melgar, is focused on helping businesses to build a strategy to keep their business the preferred choice of their customers. This webinar helps business owners understand how customers make buying decisions and provides strategies to help businesses prepare to stay ahead of the competition by improving their competitive edge. The webinar will be on Aug. 23 at noon. To register and for more information, go to PascoHernando.score.org.
Zephyrhills chamber awards
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will announce the winners in seven categories at its annual Member Appreciation and Community Awards Banquet.
The event is scheduled for Aug. 23, at Southport Springs Golf & Country Club, 3737 Southport Springs Parkway, in Zephyrhills.
For more details or to purchase tickets, visit ZephyrhillsChamber.org or call 813-782-1913.
The finalists in the seven categories are:
- Small business: A.O.K. Axe of Kindness; Affordable Hearing Help; Steph’s Cakery; Vitis Realty; and, Zephyrhills Brewing Company
- Large business: Bahr’s Propane Gas & AC; Chick-fil-A Zephyrhills; Publix Zephyrhills; Sarah Vande Berg Tennis and Wellness Center; and, SouthState Bank
- Diamond award (nonprofit): Academy of Spectrum Diversity; Elks Lodge BPOE #2731; Healing Hearts Café; Ladies’ Oriental Shrine of North America Inc.; Rotary Club of Zephyrhills Daybreak
- Economic development champion (or leadership in government): Kevin Bahr; Florida Sen. Danny Burgess; Zephyrhills Councilman Kenneth Burgess; Zephyrhills City Manager Billy Poe; and, Florida Senate President Wilton Simpson
- Citizen of the year: Paul Corriea, Officer Pedro Miliano, Tim Proctor, Rod Rehrig and Dr. Randy Stovall
- Chamber member of the year: Sam Abrahani; AdventHealth Zephyrhills; Bahr’s Propane Gas & AC; Emmanuel Piliaris; and, Dr. Randy Stovall
- Ambassador of the year: Sam Abrahani; Vicki Glisson; Kathy Hunt; Rosie and Scotty Paulsen; and, Rod Rehrig