Pasco County Utilities is changing its Customer Service Center hours beginning Jan. 1.
The new hours for walk-in and drive-through services will be 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., beginning in the New Year, according to a county news release.
By reducing the service center hours by a half-hour, the utilities department will be able to offer round-the-clock automated support.
“A focused team effort outside of office hours, toward online support, provides our customers with the flexibility to manage their account at any time – all while decreasing operational costs by more than $25,000 annually,” according to Sandra Anderson, the department’s customer information and services director.
Secure, instant account access is tailored to meet customers’ schedules, with these options:
- 24/7 online account access and bill pay through PascoEasyPay.com
- 24/7 pay-by-phone by calling (844) 450-3704
- 24/7 secure drop boxes located outside each Customer Service Center
- Live Call Center support available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. West Pasco customers should call (727) 847-8131. Central Pasco customers can call (813) 235-6012, and the phone number for residents in East Pasco is (352) 521-4285.
- New Same Business-day/next Business-day callback option
For more information and service details, visit PascoCountyUtilities.com.
Published December 04, 2019