Allied Universal job fair
Allied Universal, a security and facility services company, is seeking to hire 50-plus unarmed health care security professionals in Tampa. The open house hiring event will be Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the main lobby of the company’s branch office at 408 Reo St., in Tampa.
The company is recruiting for all shifts and levels of experience. It is conducting interviews and hiring on the spot.
StretchLab Wesley Chapel opens
StretchLab, an assisted stretching boutique, has opened at 1281 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., in Wesley Chapel. Deep stretching is used to decrease pain, lower risk of injury, reduce stress, and improve performance at work, in the gym and in everyday life.
StretchLab is a national franchise. StretchLab Wesley Chapel is owned by Steve Ojeshina, according to a news release.
StretchLab Wesley Chapel can be reached online at StretchLab.com/location/wesleychapel, by email at , or by phone at 813-771-0411.
The entrepreneur equation
The Pasco Economic Development Council Inc., is offering a free workshop to help entrepreneurs learn about tools and strategies that can help make running a business easier and more effective. This free workshop will be on Dec. 15 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., in Dade City. Go to PascoEDC.com, and click on the events tab, to register.
Business and Education Summit
CareerSource Tampa Bay will hold an education and business summit on Jan. 10. The summit, entitled: “Vision 2022: Shaping the Future of Work,” is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Tampa Marriott Water Street, in downtown Tampa. Coffee and networking starts at 8:30 a.m.
For more information or to register for the event, visit CareerSource Tampa Bay’s Vision 2022, at CareerSourceTampaBay.com/vision2022.
Registration is $50 per person. Sponsorships also are available for businesses that want to help underwrite the event or would like to register multiple individuals.
SBA offers info on FAQs
The U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy has released a new version of its most popular publication, “Frequently Asked Questions About Small Business.” Another publication, “What’s New with Small Business?” also has been updated. For more information, go to Advocacy.sba.gov.
Tampa ranks No. 6
The personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report identifying 2021’s Best Places to Retire in Florida, and Tampa came in at No. 6.
To determine the most ideal retirement places for older Americans, WalletHub compared more than 100 cities in the Sunshine State across 29 key indicators of retiree-friendliness. The data set ranges from cost of living to health care facilities per capita to number of attractions, according to a news release from WalletHub.
To view the full report and individual city ranks, visit tinyurl.com/24x5mk3j.
Grand openings, ribbon cuttings, other celebrations
These announcements are courtesy of the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce:
- Bliss Dental Lounge, at 17735 Huntington Bow Circle, celebrated its two-year anniversary on Dec. 9.
- Prime Barber Shop, at 6027, Unit 206, Wesley Grove Blvd., had its grand opening on Dec. 7, at the barber shop, which is above Falabella Family Bistro, on the second floor, at the Grove Wesley Chapel.
- Jolie Smiles Denture & Implant Studio, 7749 Van Dyke Road, in Odessa, had its grand opening on Nov. 19.
- Philidor Brady & Co. Realty, at 5331 Primrose Lake Preserve, Suite 235, in Tampa, had its grand opening on Nov. 15
- The Volkswagen dealership at 26500 Silver Maple Parkway in Wesley Chapel, had its grand opening celebration on Oct. 26.
Pasco County Commissioner Kathryn Starkey has been named to three committees at the National Association of Counties, according to a Pasco County news release.
Starkey will serve on these committees:
- Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee, as vice chair
- International Economic Development Task Force, as vice chair
- Large Urban County Caucus, as a member
The association’s mission is to strengthen America’s counties, and create healthy, safe and vibrant counties across the country. It serves nearly 40,000 county elected officials and 3.6 million county employees, the news release says.
GOPASCO wins marketing awards
Pasco County’s public transportation system won three marketing awards during the annual Florida Public Transportation Association conference, according to a county news release.
The system, which has been rebranded as GOPASCO, received these awards:
- Special event category, first place: Rebrand rollout, Aug. 24, 2021
- Website category, second place: GOPASCO.com
- Electronic media category, third place: Rebrand rollout, live radio broadcast
“We worked tirelessly on a new design for Pasco County Public Transportation and are honored to be recognized for our tenacious work,” Rosemarie Bruckner, GOPASCO program manager, said in the release.
Florida Aquarium names new board members
The Florida Aquarium has named seven new members to its board of directors, according to a news release. They are:
- David Bevirt, executive vice president, corporate leasing & strategy at Water Street Tampa
- Doreen Caudell, CGC, DBE, president & owner at D-Mar General Contracting
- Veronica Cintron, vice president of communications at Tampa International Airport
- Kristin Greco, MBA, chief executive officer for PAR Inc.
- Marcus Greene, market president, St. Petersburg at Truist
- Jody Haneke, president at Haneke Design
- Eric Weisberg, vice president, marketing & creative services at Tampa Bay Rays