A Monster Truck & Food Truck Rally Festival is scheduled to take place on July 11 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., at The Grove, on Wesley Grove Boulevard in Wesley Chapel. There will be a Street Legal Truck Competition and Food Truck Competition; as well as more than 20 food trucks, 100 artisan craft vendors, inflatables, games, family activities, corn hole, a batting cage and live entertainment. There also will be more than $2,500 in prize money. For details and updates, visit WesleyChapelEvents.com.
- Breakfast in bed: Whip up some pancakes or French toast for breakfast in bed. Even better, have breakfast for dinner!
- Mixology Night: Test your mixing skills and make crazy cocktails for a chance to try a drink you’d never try at a restaurant or bar.
- Play the Newlywed Game: Ask your partner questions that you’re curious about, such as “Does he know your favorite color” and “Does she know your favorite junk food.” This is a fun way to learn more about each other.
- Plan your dream vacation: Even when there’s nothing on the horizon, “take a trip” by talking about it. Where is your dream destination and what would you do there?
- Take personality quizzes: Personality assessments hone into different characteristics. Compare yours against your partner’s to see how you can better work together.
- Wine and cheese tasting: Make yourself a charcuterie plate and try a few different types of wine.
Emotional ABCs: bit.ly/39TYhFf (social-emotional learning resources and programs)
Emotional Health Activities: bit.ly/3a1EfZE (30 activities to download and use, for parents and students)
GoNoodle.com: Movement and mindfulness videos
Mindfulness and relaxation apps for kids with anxiety: bit.ly/3a1DSOK (15 apps for overcoming stress and anxiety)
Mindfulness Resources for Teens: bit.ly/3b6ibNg (techniques to develop skills to be present and aware every day)
ZenHabits.net: Daily meditation and breathing exercises
The Florida Aquarium will present “Washed Ashore: Art to Save the Sea” now through the end of August. This is the first time the Reef at Risk exhibit will be displayed in Florida, with the artwork designed to fit specific upstairs areas in The Florida Aquarium.
The exhibit educates about the negative, devastating effects of plastic pollution, and aims to spark positive changes in consumer habits. The art installation is built entirely from plastics found in oceans and waterways around the world. Since its launch in 2010, Washed Ashore has collected nearly 26 tons of garbage from more than 300 miles of Pacific coastline.
There are 18 sculptures, including a 12-foot shark, a 16-foot parrotfish and a 20-foot coral reef.
The exhibit is included in the general admission aquarium ticket.