Pasco County’s Tourist Development Council (TDC) has an opening on its volunteer board for a representative or operator of a hotel, motel, RV park, or other tourist accommodation, according to a county news release.
Experience Florida’s Sports Coast, which is Pasco’s Destination Management Organization, is recruiting volunteers to apply to serve on the board.
Applications are being accepted online through Nov. 30, at bit.ly/TDCApp2020.
The TDC is an advisory council to the Pasco County Commission.
It is made up of elected officials and tourism industry professionals who provide recommendations to the staff of Experience Florida’s Sports Coast on promotional/partnership proposals, marketing opportunities and oversight of tourism tax expenditures – also known as the “Bed Tax.”
- Must be an owner or operator of a motel, hotel, RV park, or other tourist accommodation in the county subject to the tourist development tax
- TDC members serve four-year terms; appointments are staggered.
- The position is voluntary; there is no financial compensation.
- The TDC typically meets monthly, alternating between New Port Richey and Dade City.
- Applicants must live in Pasco County, and must be registered to vote.
To find out more, visit bit.ly/PascoTDC.
Published November 04, 2020